Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dear Donkey


*This is what happens when I get bored in my hut.*

Dear Donkey,

When I look into your eyes
I see past the flies
I can tell your soul is sweet
even in this awful heat
I listen to your horrid screams
and know you’re just blowing of steam

Donkey, I want to tell you how sorry I am
That your owners load you up as if you were a tram
And that the children beat you
And often mistreat you

If you were mine
I’d tell you how good you are all of the time
I’d feed you carrots
and teach you to talk like a parrot

I’d rub your sore back
and never give you a whack
I’d sing you songs
in hope that you would hum along

I’d untie your feet
and let you step to your own beat
I’d clean up your pin
and wouldn’t let it get messy like that again

I’d teach you to say excuse me
because those farts of yours are quite a doozy
and then I’d read you a bed-time story
so you’d know there’d be no need to worry

If you were my donkey…



No comments:

Post a Comment